Let’s face it. The Bruins only showed up for the third period last night. Not sure what was said in the locker room, but it lit a fire under their ass. They tired the game only to lose anyways. They deserved to lose; they played like crap.
Good news is they were able to do in 10 minutes what it took the Caps to do in 40.
But poor Tuukka Rask. Kid gets tossed in a spiraling game when the team is down three goals. Bs tie. He gives up one goal and gets hit with the loss. While Thomas still has a perfect record.
Life isn’t fair. C’est la vie! as Bergeron would say.
Not that Thomas was to blame either. Giving up a 3-on-1 while you’re on the power play is Bush League
We know the media were getting a boner at the idea of a Thomas vs. Halak (early-Vezina candidates) match-up, but Two-Us-Two-Ks-Two-points should get the start tonight. We expect Rask to come out solid. Last night was a nice warm up; let him brush off the rust.
If you’re near the Boston area, be sure to hit up the Boston Sports Blogapolooza II over at the Baseball Tavern by Kenmore Sq. Days of Y’Orr’s own Jon Fucile will be in attendance to talk hockey during the Bruins/hockey panel discussion.
After the jump… some interesting stats, projected line up and game day links/video…
Some fun facts:
- Mark Stuart and Tim Thomas have the same amount of points this season (1).
- Shawn Thornton is tied for 6th in goals for the Bruins (with Chara, Bergy, and Krejci). He’s leading Blake Wheeler.
- Thornton led the team in shots last night… he must be living it up.
- Horton has 11 points. Lucic has 10. Krecji has 10. And Michael fucking Ryder has 8. Hell has frozen over.
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Jordan Caron-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Blake Wheeler-Tyler Seguin-Michael Ryder
Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
- Matt Kalman of The Bruins Blog is calling for a Bruins-Capitals match-up during the playoffs. It would def’ make for a good series.
- Haggs says Seguin is looking to boost his physical play. He has a mere three hits this season and hasn’t been a force along the boards. We’re not looking for him to be Cam Neely, but we won’t say no to him bumping up his physicality on the ice
- SCoC thinks the CHL/NHL under-20 contract system needs to hit the road jack.
- From Things Shawn Thornton says…
“It’s not rocket science, right? It’s been one guy. One constant in that equation.” Shawn Thornton, on why the 4th line has been so good over the past few years
Time to Go!