Guess what, everybody!? The Bruins had an epic collapse against the Flyers last year. Did you know that? Did you!? DID YOU!? ‘Cause every scmhuck with a computer is making sure you do.
Plan on watching this game on mute.
Real story is the fact that the Bruins are 1-3-1 in last five games; Flyers are 3-0-2. Fuck what happened last year. Bruins need to win not to exact some self-inflicted revenge but because they need to right the boat. Savard’s return is right around the corner but fans and players can’t expect him to be a messiah by any means. He’ll help… but he’s only one man.
We’re also extremely disappointed in the apathy of Boston Bruins fans to the NHL All-Star Game.
How is Bobrovksy ahead of Tim Thomas? Bobrovsky is a write in. Pathetic.
It should also be noted that Richards, Briere, Giroux, Carter are all leading in the NHL voting for forwards. There’s not a single Bruin on that list. For defense, Pronger and Timonem appear before Chara. Their individual vote totals double Chara’s. *Vomit*
After the jump, we look back at some of our favorite Filthadelphia Flyers photoshops… aka, if you hate Carcillo, get ready… and yes, we know he’s not going to play tonight.
No Savard; No Carcillo
No Carcillo and no Savard tonight means we won’t have Bite-gate Two: Tooth Fairy’s Revenge.
Carter’s probably stoked by Carcillo’s absense.
We’re kinda sad that Carcillo won’t be around… means we have no new reason to create insulting photoshops of him. *Sadface* Good chance he won’t even break into the starting line-up when he does return. Times are tough when Jody Shelly makes the roster before you do. Ouch.
Revisiting The Filth
We’re not big fans of the Flyers. Anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis knows this. And its this distaste that drives us to come up with some fun photoshops of the Flyers. Here are some of our favorites:
Funny that he was at RAW this week. We knew it!
Go to our May 2010 archives to see all our Flyer-hate stories.
Projected Roster: (per Boston.com)
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Mark Recchi-Patrice Bergeron-Blake Wheeler
Brad Marchand-Tyler Seguin-Michael Ryder
Jordan Caron-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Andrew Ference
Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
Mark Stuart-Adam McQuaid
Game Day Links: (We refuse to link to any Game 7-related story; you’re probably OD-ing on those stories as it is)
- Jill Seward of NESN.com wants to know who your least-favorite Flyers player is. Do we really have to choose just one?
- Hunwick threw five hits for the Aves, blocked one shot and fired two shots on net in his Colorado debut. This breaks his season total he had with Boston.
- Ottawa Senator fans might be more bi-polar than Boston fans.
- Johnny Boychuk helps Haggs with this week’s Hockey Word — muffin. These two totally have a bromance going on that we’re jealous of.
- With Hunwick gone, eyes will turn to McQuaid who the front office believes is ready to take on a full-time NHL role. Meanwhile, fans are looking for the NHL unicorn — puck moving defenseman.
Game Day Video:
Wow… how did we miss this last year? Scott Hartnell and Marc Savard guest appearance on the Price is Right. It’s worth it to hear Savard try to be excited when he says “…a brand new car…”
Time to Go!