Bruins take on the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight. Bruins and Lightning records are pretty similar — same number of points. Lightning have more goals for than the Bruins, mostly because of this guy:
Holy shit. What a stud. People are already talking about him scoring 50-in-50. Hopfully none of that will happen tonight.
Lightning could be a real contender if they had a decent goalie. Oops.
If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the towel love Shawn Thornton got at the Bruins-Kings game. And yes, despite us calling it “towel love” it’s work safe. It’ll make more sense once you read it.
Someone over at Boston.com thinks that Milan Lucic should give love advice. Holy crap, this is a fantastic video. Can’t wait for the next two installments.
This can only end in tears.
How much shit do you think guys like Thornton, Stuart and Marchand are giving Looch for this?
After the jump, more Bruins and Love, projected roster (the Seguin-Bergy-Recchi line we’ve been wishing for will be in action tonight), game day links and your game day video…
Bruins have a Bromance
Speaking of love. Bish posted this pic on twitter:
This go us thinking…
Projected Roster (a la Boston.com):
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Tyler Seguin-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Jordan Caron-Blake Wheeler-Michael Ryder
Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Totally stoked to see Seg-Berg-Rex play on a line tonight.
Also glad to see Rask get the start. We still think he should’ve gotten the start against the Kings since he did get a SO against the Panthers. But we can’t really fault Julien much for going with Tim Thomas.
Game Day Links:
- NESN has a podcast interview with Adam McQuaid in which he talks about the Bruins mustaches.
- Savard says he’s cool with Colie’s “little faker emails”; shows signs of maturity and grace that C. Campbell lacks.
- More on Colie-gate. Ron MacClean seems to be the only major MSM guy out there who sees the real issue behind the Campbell emails — that he got involved in a call that involved his son. This Savard “little faker” stuff is just cannon fodder for the real issue at hand.
- The Boston Frog Pond is now officially open. Time to lace up the sakes and check some hipsters wearing radios on their sweatshirts and doing figure skating. Fools.
- It’s been months but we finally get another installment of BOYCHUK DIARY! We’re hoping he gives DoY a shout out in one of these things. Probably won’t happen.
- Haggs talks about how awesome the Fourth Line has been for Boston… hasn’t this been the case for the past three years? Thornton makes everyone around him 100x better.
Game Day Video:
Time to Go!