Bruins looking to pull out a win before Turkey Day. They fought hard for half a game against LA and then for two minutes against Tampa Bay. Bs gotta show up for a whole game.
Top line needs to get more than one shot on net, too.
Julien worked the squad like dogs yesterday; hard enough for Mr. Shawn “Wayne” Thornton to shave his beard. Sadface. That thing was a beauty. We hope his offensive prowess continues with his baby-smooth face.
The big news for Bruins fans is that Marc Savard has been cleared for contact, meaning he’s one step closer to joining the Bruins squad.
He does need to get into hockey shape and form so don’t expect Savvy to lace ’em up in the Garden anytime soon. We hear the Garden is really nice around Mid-December.
“Awesome” ad campaign by the Panthers.
Really, guys? You’re going to call the Penguins and Bruins turkeys? Who gets real-live fans in the seats? Fuckers.
We’re jealous that the Panthers tickets are cheaper than the beer at the Boston Garden, though. What gives?
After the jump, the Bruins Hockey Rules contest winner, the projected roster for tonight, game day links and your game day video…
Bruins Hockey Rules
We loves these commercials, as do every Bruins fans and, probably, most hockey fans. They’re a thing of beauty and genius, so when we heard that the Bruins were going to let fans come up with the next Bruins rule, the DOY staff collectively threw up. Even Purrgeron let loose a hairball of epic proportions.
The choices early on sucked and they didn’t get much better over time. It was a horrible idea to let fans get involved (we want the Bruins to do more fan interactive stuff but this isn’t what we had in mind). Anyways, here’s your winner.
Really, it was the lesser of all evils that won. This commercial is easily forgettable.
No official word yet. We’re guessing it’ll be similar to the other night.
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Mark Recchi-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
Jordan Caron-Blake Wheeler-Michael Ryder
Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Andrew Ference
Mark Stuart-Dennis Seidenberg
Matt Hunwick-Johnny Boychuk
Game Day Links:
- Haggs takes another look at the Horton/Campbell for Wideman deal.
- Fluto talks about Horton’s recent scoring slump. DOY Note: If you’re thinking about trading Horton in your fantasy leagues… you’re retarded and we want you in our leagues.
- Kalman asks: Where’s the All Star love for Tim Thomas? We second this. How is Carey Price and Bobrovsky ahead of Timmy-T? Pathetic. We’re unhappy with Boston fans.
- DOY friend, Cornelius isn’t happy about one of Kalman’s recent stories. He’s really, really unhappy… like super unhappy… meaning, good reading. Get to it, people.
- More love advice from Milan Lucic. Goddamn these are painful to watch. Trainwrecks. You’ll never see a man more uncomfortable being asked questions about getting married. Here’s what readers think:
Game Day Video:
In time for your holiday flights.
Time to Go!