Good news, everyone!
We woke up to see this tweet:
To which we replied with:
Needless to say, Murph is somewhere right now trying to scrub that image out of his brain with a brillo pad. Here’s the link to his story, by the way. It’s the least we can do after that tweet.
We make no attempt at hiding our man love for The Boychuk, so to say that we’re excited that he may return to tonight’s line-up is nothing close to how we really feel. The entire Days of Y’Orr staff are wearing their Super Boychuk t-shirts today in honor of His Greatness.
We were hoping to have some fantastic Boychuk photoshops for you for this preview but we have days jobs with out Photoshop. You’ll have to wait for recap for ‘em.
Of course, some MSM reporters aren’t quite ready to jump on the Boychuk’s Back Tonight! wagon, since JC and PC have him listed DTD (he’s been out since Oct 23). As of this post Bish is reporting that JC is saying Boychuck is “game time decision.” So, if we’re getting you’re hopes up and he’s not in the line-up tonight just know we’ll be as disappointed as the rest of you.
But how awesome would it be for Boychuk to return to face the team that injured him and enact some on-ice revenge on Durbinsky?
After the jump… the Vote for Thornton movement picks up steam, projected line-up, game day links and a classic Tim Thomas/Sean Avery video…
Vote for Thort, Hort and Stuchuck Update
Consider this your daily reminder to Vote for Shawn Thornton, Nathan Horton, Mark Stuart and Johnny Boychuk to the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. The campaign to get Thornton in the game is still in it’s infancy. Rumor has it Patrice Purrgeron will be hitting the campaign trail soon for Mr. Thornton and the DOY Staff have some campaign video ideas we’re hoping to find time to create. Stay tuned.
With all that said, the Vote for Thornton movement is picking up steam. Puck Daddy has linked to our movement in their recent post, Your Election Guide to 2011 NHL All-Star Game Write-In Campaigns. Apparently we’re “whimsical” — love it. What Wysh is saying about the movement:
Chances of Election: An under-the-radar candidate who could pick up steam should the Boston media take notice and the Boston fan base get the vote out. Not likely, but shouldn’t be dismissed.
Do it for Thornton. Why? If you’re reading this blog still you know why.
Projected Line-up (Boston.com love):
Milan Lucic-Patrice Bergeron-Nathan Horton
Jordan Caron-Blake Wheeler-Mark Recchi
Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Michael Ryder
Daniel Paille-Tyler Seguin-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Andrew Ference
Matt Hunwick-Dennis Seidenberg
Mark Stuart-Adam McQuaid
Boychuk in there? Maybe???
Game Day Links:
- Colin Campbell emails don’t phase the NHL at all. We’re not surprised. Seems like the MSM is shrugging their shoulders about this issue while fans and bloggers are up in arms about it. In short: feels like MSM is bending over to kiss the NHL’s feet while the blogging community is attempting to bend the NHL over for a quickie.
- SomethingsBruin.net asked New York Rangers Blog 10 questions such as “What is the biggest gripe Rangers fans have?”
- Headline: Michael Ryder’s doing well this season; takes crap on Days of Y’Orr staff photo.
- Tim Thomas is a stud. Video interview on WEEI.com.
- How the Campbell catastrofuck can hurt the Bruins. Eeks.
- Did the Bruins have the power of god on their side against New Jersey?
Game Day Video:
Classic Avery. Classic Thomas.
Time to Go!