Bruins host the Islanders tonight.
This was the game that the DOY staff fought over not going not. Don’t get us wrong — we love going to any games we can, but if you have the option of seeing a vs. Capitals, Flyers, Canadiens game or a vs. Islanders game, the choice is pretty darn easy. Fists were thrown. The bond of friendship was tested. We survived.
And hopefully the Bruins will survive this trap game.
How bad are the Islanders? Well, they’re worse than the Leafs and Devils for starters.
The big number is the goal differential for both teams. Bruins are a big positive; Islanders are huge negative. This is a huge plus for Boston, now that Mark Stuart is out for a while with a busted hand. Kampfer can try to get acclimated to the NHL regular season speed before a slew of big games over the next week.
Speaking of Stuart…
Matt Kalman over at the theBruinsBlog.net was the first guy we saw tweet this, several hours before everyone else. We just are too lazy to dig through the tweets to find it.
“It was sore,” Stuart said of his hand last Thursday. “We took X-rays after Thursday’s game and they were negative. So we just decided to see how it felt, then look at it in a couple days. It was sore, so I taped it up for Toronto and it wasn’t feeling good. So we actually planned to get X-rays again after the game on Tuesday. My third shift, all I did was make a pass and it just caved in. It was just hanging on by a thread, I think.” –Boston.com
After the jump… a dedication to a lost, local hero… a Bruins fanatic video… projected roster… game day links… and your game day video…
RIP Sgt. James A. Ayube
A friend of ours’ husband died in action yesterday while on patrol in Afghanistan. He was due home for some R&R in under a month.
We’re not sure what to say other than the DOY staff’s thoughts are with the Ayube family. It’s a somber reminder that there is more to life than just hockey.
Remember to cherish every moment with your friends, family and other loved ones, people.
Bruins Fanatic Video
@guid921 posted this video he made about being a Boston Bruins fanatic.
“Face paint is important. Why is face paint important? Because it instills fear. You know why the Ultimate Warrior won matches? Face paint.”
Projected Roster (per Boston.com):
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Blake Wheeler-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Tyler Seguin-Marc Savard-Michael Ryder
Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
Dennis Seidenberg-Steven Kampfer
Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid
Game Day Links:
- The Score has a video interview with Tim Thomas on his new, white mask, plus talks about his Winter Classic digs. For close ups on the mask, check out our story from a while back — “White is the new black/gold for Tim Thomas“
- Kampfer is nervous but excited for his NHL debut. Some fans are hoping he’ll be the Bruins unicorn (puck moving defenseman). We’ll see. Hopefully Seguin can give him some tips on fitting in as a newbie.
- Patrick Kane and Brian Campbell want to check out your box… we love Puck Daddy for many reasons and videos and headlines like this is one of ‘em.
- Sabres bring out the best and worse in Boston.
- Sturmface isn’t happy about his current situation with the Bruins.
Game Day Video:
Some of us went to Emerson to get degrees. We don’t remember EC having cheerleaders… or furries… and the Berkeley Beacon definitely didn’t move like that in the early 2000s. Still, fun video.
Time to Go!