Boston Bruins win their second in a row in what may have been one of the quickest games of the whole season. Thomas was as solid as ever (despite letting up two goals), Seguin played what could be the best game of his young NHL career thus far, and even without Krejci the top line continues to product.
The game wasn’t all lollipops and rainbows though. For starters we’re sad to say that the whispers of Boychuk returning tonight turned out to be untrue.
Also, if you watched the game, you may have noticed that the Bruins’ effort was off and on for the entire game. Kinda hard to be too hard on them for winning, but that type of play has become a little too typical lately.
After the jump: The good, the bad, and a new movie poster!
- Tyler Seguin was one of the few showing a 100% effort, that kid just continues to impress.
- Tim Thomas, ’nuff said.
- Jack Edwards’s commentary never fails to entertain. According to him, Boogaard really enjoys steaks!
- The first PP the Bs had was just atrocious.
- The period overall was just not entertaining hockey
- Overall, much better effort this period.
- Lucic’s goal while all alone in the slot on feed by Horton.
- Tyler Seguin’s hard work is rewarded with a goal off of a lightning-fast release! (and not the kind our girlfriends hate us for)
- That damn 4 minute High Sticking penalty on Horton
- Dubinsky beat Thomas in the final minute of Horton’s double minor
- Chara got a boarding call because the Rangers are all small and weak.
- Grandpa Recchi with the insurance goal, just squirting it through Lundqvist
- The PK continues to be solid and Thomas was once again strong in tough situations
- After this win, Boston only has one loss on the road.
- Bruins came out far too flat this period, almost ended up costing them a couple times.
- Defensive breakdown by the Bs leads to a Gaborik goal
- Avery being is usual bitch self. At least this time, there was actually a valid penalty.
- Chara accedentally shoots the puck over the glass resulting in delay of game penalty and a 5 on 3 for the Rangers.
This was the first of back to back games for Boston. Tomorrow Wideman and the Panthers come to Boston, see ya there!