Drink it in ladies and gentlemen, it always goes down smooth. Canadiens are done, and we have not stopped fistpumping since! What a game it was, it’s easy to say now, but I think a blowout might have been a little disappointing. Two evenly matched teams, in Game 7 of the playoffs? How could it not go into over tiime!?! Fantastic series with an even more fantastic outcome.
Now we look ahead to a little retribution on a cetian team from Philly, but now we’re going to take a moment to enjoy this win!
After the jump…we break it all down
– Game startes with Thomas and Price trading glove saves. Another goaltending duel in the works?? There can be only one!
– Loving the start to the game so far, good hitting, winning one on one battles
– JOHNNY BOYCHUK SCORES!!!!! Bergeron had a fantastic screen on the play, keep that up boys
– Bruins aren’t sitting back, getting good chances, finishing checks, even Lucic is getting in on the action, welcome to the playoffs buddy, glad you could show.
– And now Recchi scores!!!! 2-0 Bruins!!!!
– Ryder gets called for hooking…ok, if you say so refs.
– God damn it, Habs score on the PP…again, 2-1 Bruins about halfway through the period.
– Bruins aren’t letting the goal get them down, continuing to take the body.
– Ryder decides to got 1 on 5 and almost succeed, we continue to eat all of our words about him.
– Bruins are buzzing around the net, we like that, keep annoying Price!
– BULLSHIT!!!!!! Elbowing penalty against Thornoton, elbow didn’t even touch him
– Subban goes for the Oscar, grabs Campbell arm after a hit and dives as he pulls away, no call. We can here the “Fuck you Subban” chants over the TV.
– If they actually start calling diving penalties, can we make it the Montreal rule?
– Kostitsyn penalty for high sticking, Montreal PP is basically done, great job killing it.
– Nothing on the power play…no surprise there, but I dare say it looked good? Solid cycling. Period ends at the same time as the power play, Bruins up 2-1 and we’re looking forward to more of the same.
– FANTASTIC SAVE BY THOMAS TO START!! HOLY ZOMBIE JESUS!!!
– Oh goody, another power play. Eller cross-checks Chara, who went down a little too easy…giving Montreal a taste of their own medicine???
– Daaaamn Moen almost got a shorty, poor puck play by Thomas/Boychuk. What we don’t want to see is this:
– WHAT THE HELL?!?! Awful turn over by Recchi, Pleckanic scores on a breakaway, game is tied 2-2
– It can not be stated enough, this power play is fucking atrocious, it’s an abomination to anything good and pure
– Krejci had a WIDE open net, shoots it right over the net, starting to get frustrated
– STOP PASSING. Marchand with plenty of room decides to pass it into traffic and ruined a scoring chance.
– Breakaway by Halpern, Thomas keeps us in it, thank you Timmy!!
– Refs definitely have put the whistles away…sadly, that benefits us.
– Boychuk with a HUGE hit on Halpen, RIGHT into the stanchion….too bad it’s boarding call.
– HAHA Subban plays the puck with a high stick, watch him cry!!
– Kelly and Peverly ALMOST get a solid rush into the zone.
– Not the strongest period by the Bruins, gave up two breakaways, almost more. Our hearts can NOT take this, one more period (hopefully) to go.
– SO CLOSE Recchi with chance after chance on Price, but nothing to show for it
– Bruins keeping up the pressure,
– Another good chance, for Ryder, DAMN YOU PRICE!!
– Peverly trying to win a one on three. He’s good, but he ain’t that good. Thats ok buddy, we like the effort.
– Honestly can’t complain much about the Bruins play this period, but we need a goal, preferably two, or five.
– Halpern basically skates into Ference and needs to be helped off the ice…Ference is apparently a brick wall.
– Ryder with a great steal, the play ended up being offsides…but damn Ryder.
– Halpern is back already…that took about 6 minutes, wow, must’ve been really hurt
– Kelly with a breakaway now, but a save by Price!
– Huge pressure by Montreal after a Bruins timeout, Thomas, Mcquaid and Chara coming up big, especially Mcquaid with a huge shot block with Timmy out of position.
– CHRIS MOTHER FUCKING KELLY SCORES!!!! Another person who has be HUGE this series!! Bruins are up, time is winding down, maybe Julien will keep his job after all?
– Right before the goal, BLATENT dive by Hamerlik “One dive too many”- Edwards
– Almost got an insurance goal, good save by Price.
– “CAREY PRICE THRICE SAVING THE SEASON FOR THE CANADIENS!!” Guess who…he’s a poet that one…
– Just about four minutes left, Bruins need solid defense.
– Just as I type that, Cammalleri steals the puck! He lost it though, thank god. Seidenberg made a great effort to get there.
– NO! High-Sticking penalty by Bergeron, Wisniewski should be a salesman because it didn’t even hit him!!!
– PK SUBBAN YOU BITCH! Game is tied 3-3.
– Break neck pace now in the last minute of the period.
– What a game, now it’s going into overtime.
– Very nearly the end of the game in the first minute, last second save by Timmy..
– Canadiens playing better so far in the first could minutes, Bruins getting no good chances.
– Thomas has had three deflected saves in three minutes, not enjoying this play
– Here we go, finally we’re forcing Price to work, bit surprise it’s the second line!
– NATHAN HORTON SCORES!!! BRUINS MOVE ON TO THE SEMIFINALS!!! SUCK IT HABS, SUCK IT HARD!!!!
What a fantastic evening, we’re too excited to even say anything clever, so we’ll let this GIF do the talking:
Flyers are coming up on Saturday…and trust us, we’ve been waiting for this matchup.