CURSE OF SPORTS ILLUSTRATED! BRUINS ARE 0-1-0 SINCE THEY RAISED THE BANNER! STANLEY CUP HANGOVER! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
So the Bruins lost last night in a tight 2-1 game to the Flyers. A game where the Bruins missed at least four wide open nets.
We were happy to see that most Bruins fans put the loss in perspective. At the end of the day the Bruins are still champs and the Flyers are a bunch of nobodies. 81 games less this season.
And how you could even be mad after that wonderful, wonderful banner raising ceremony. The Bruins won the freaking Cup. Maybe if they start 0-10-0 we’ll be concerned but right now it doesn’t matter.
The game basically broke down to the Flyers capitalizing on two big Bruins miscues and the Bruins failing to capitalize on their chances and one huge Bryzgalov save. Boston completely dominated for the first 10 minutes.
Maybe the shine of the Cup is still too bright for the DOY staff but the loss honestly didn’t bother us. Sure, we would’ve loved a win but we can see why the B’s might have been a bit distracted.
Our + and – after the jump…
We’re looking at the positives here.
- Yes, it was one game but Seguin and Marchand looked like beasts together. They were all over the Flyers all night whenever they were paired up and we’re loving the look of the power play when Seguin, Marchand and Peverley are together.
- How beautiful was that pass from Seguin to Marchand? And then how awesome was the goal Marchand scored? All summer and into training camp everyone bitched about Seguin and Marchand partying and was wondering if they’d be ready for the season. Apparently they both took a cue from Andrew Ference because they just gave you the finger.
- Seidenberg is still a beast.
- Boychuk looks like a serial killer with that shaved head. That is definitely a positive.
- Bergeron and Krejci got physical. We know that isn’t their game and we’re not expecting it to be all season but it shows their hunger. Gotta love it.
- How beautiful does that banner look? It may be time to look forward but it is NEVER going to get old looking up.
- This picture.
- It was a full 14 minutes of game time until we heard some buffoon yell “SHOOOOOOOOOOOT” at the Bruins even though taking a shot at that juncture would have been a terrible, awful idea.
- Lucic. Seems like some other people thought he was a beast last night but we thought he looked awful. His puck handling was bad, he was easily pushed off the puck and he just didn’t seem engaged at all which was the complaint a lot of people had about him in the playoffs. People keep pointing to his injuries as an excuse but efforts like this are starting to become common place for Looch. We’d like to see more out of him.
- We woke up this morning and found out Buffalo is still a city. Bummer.
- The people dead crowd. Sweet jesus people if you were at the game last night and were in the group texting and sitting on your hands all game kindly don’t come back and give the tickets to fans who will, you know, be engaged. Building was silent after the ceremony.
- How long until the Bruins admit Milt Schmidt passed away and they’re pulling a whole “Weekend at Bernies” thing with him?
- HOW LONG WITH THE CURSE OF THE BANNER LAST?!?!!? WE’RE FREAKING OUT
Prediction: Bruins go 81-1.