Finally, the All Star Break is over and real hockey has returned… and wouldn’t you know it, we’re playing the team who’s Guardian was the hero of the All Star Game. Thank god the Hurricane was there when the rest of the Guardians were caught by Devlin Dark…
God god, it sounds even stupider when I type it. We used to trust you Stan Lee! I’m switching to DC Comics!
Moving on, the Bruins are finishing off their series against the Canes tonight. In the past three games, the Bruins are 2-1, and outscore Carolina 10-5. One of those games was a 7-0 violation of the Hurricanes, which Mr. 105.9 and his massive slapshot had a lot to do with.
Carolina is just one point out of a playoff spot, so if they have any brains at all, they’re going to bring their A+ game tonight and it’ll be nice if the Bruins pick off right where they left off before the All Star Break rather than hide behind Thomas.
After the Jump: Roster, Video, and more links than you can shake a stick at!
Horton gave everyone a collective scare yesterday when he left practice earlier with the team trainer. Looks like it wasn’t anything to be concerned with and should be playing today. That means that Horton Watch can continue! It looks like Savard is also going to be getting re-evaluated in the next day or so.
Also…a very happy birthday to Mark Recchi, another year older, another year more awesome!
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Blake Wheeler-Tyler Seguin-Michael Ryder
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Steven Kampfer
Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid
No surprises here really, just disappointments. We’re big Mark Stuart fans here at DOY it’s saddening to see him not be utilized (although it’s hard to complain about the level of play lately). There are also whispers of other teams that may be interested in him. Seeing Tim Thomas off the ice first is about as common as seeing Komisarek turtle.
Game Day Links:
- Our buddy Bergeron was named NHL Star of the Month!
- Chara was voted by players as the toughest defenceman to play against . Just goes to show that a lot happens on the ice that we are not privy to and don’t show up on the score sheet.
- He also has the hardest shot!
- Bullshit! Thomas should be number one! But 3rd toughest goalie to score on ain’t too shabby
- Check out Phil Kessel’s text messages during the All-Star Draft
- Joe Haggerty details the acquisition and impact of Steve Kampfer