Oh hello Toronto, we can barely recognize you when you’re not scraping the bottom of the Eastern Conference. They’re currently 4 points away from tying Buffalo for the 8th seed of the Eastern conference. Unfortunately for the Leafs, Buffalo has two has played two fewer games, so it’s really not as close as it may look.
Really what we’re trying to say is that you’re not going to make the playoffs Toronto, now if you could kindly start dropping in the standings more to give us a better draft pick, that would be just fantastic.
The Bruins on the other hand need to get their shit together. They’ve won just one game in their last six, granted three of those games were overtime losses, but they’ve still allowed Montreal to get within three points of them. Montreal lost last night, so this will be a good chance to gain some more ground on them.
You know what may help? Scoring on the god damn power play!!!
After the jump: some Kessel bashing, game day links and video.
It’s always nice to see when Kessel is having a rough time, and he has been slumping hardcore lately. In the past 8 games, his goal total equals the number of testicales he has. Give up? Here’s a hint: It’s less than two.
Rich Peverley-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Tyler Seguin-Chris Kelly-Michael Ryder
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
Tomas Kaberle-Adam McQuaid
Dennis Seidenberg-Steven Kampfer
Game Day Links:
- Tired of hearing about the Bruins power play? Well too bad!
- Joe Haggerty discusses whether or not the NHL is getting even with the Bruins.
- Pacioretty? Feeling quite good actually!
- Speaking of which, funny article by Mary Paoletti. Pacioretty awakes to find that things look a little off…
- The DOY crew takes to the streets after Hornqvist is not suspended.