The game started off with the yearly awards ceremony. Congrats to all the players who won, these were most definately well deserved:
Eddie Shore Award: Shawn Thornton
Elizabeth Dufresne: Tim Thomas
Johnny Bucyk Award: Andrew Ference
Bruins Radio Network #3 Star: Milan Lucic
Bruins Radio Network #2 Star: Patrice Bergeron
Bruins Radio Network #1 Star: Tim Thomas
This was the kind of game that made you feel uneasy throughout the majority of in. Bruins were coming off of a bad loss Monday night and facing a team that they shouldn’t have too much trouble beating. Plus the Bruins hit the 3 goal mark, which seems to be the kiss of death for this team. We’ve see too many games like this go bad that if you didn’t have at least a shred of doubt during the game, they you probably haven’t seen most of the Bruins games this season.
But the Bruins came through in the end, which is what matters. Hopefully this win will provide a little momentum and let the Bs ride a little win streak into the playoffs
After the jump, a look at the periods.
– I notice a lack of Rene singing the National Anthem, who is this jabroni? Someone give him the Steven Tyler treatment.
– Kaberle almost gets a great wrap around goal, but DiPietro has been studying Thomas’s moves and makes a flopping stick save.
– “Haley looks like a little kid running into his bedroom wall” – Jack Edwards after he tried to hit Chara
– So ummm…which team has clinched the playoffs and which was eliminated weeks ago? Bruins are looking so flat I can’t tell.
– Paille almost gets his 3rd goal in 3 games, after taking a nice pass from the award-winning Shawn Thornton, but DiPietro makes the stop
– Bruins get a 2 minute 5 on 3 power play after Tavares hooks Paille while he tired to shoot. Gillies, presumably because he hates living, roughs Thornton.
– Nothing to show after the penalty ends, some decent chances, but we want more from a 2 minute 5 on 3.
– Marchand gives the puck away to Comeau, Thomas saves his bacon (not our words, Jack’s).
– Awww NESN….plugging Charlie Sheen?? Really??
– Another give away, this one by Paille.
– Horton, apparently taking notes from Paille and Marchand, turns the puck over and forces Thomas to make another save.
– Bailey steals the puck from Peverley….we could use some Baileys right now.
– Damn Paille, a good shot and a good tip attempt, what skilled player stole your jersey and is wearing your skin??
– Should also be mentioned that the whole 4th line is once again looking better than the 1st line, and we’re not the only ones who think so.
– THORNTON SCORES NUMBER 10!!!! Less than a second left in the period! Good, he’s one of the few who deserved a goal so far tonight, welcome back buddy!
– Well…not the best period, but hey, 1-0 lead!
– Congrats to Recchi for tying Chelios for all time games played!
– Everyone is teasing Dipietro for the size of his……pads.
– Peverley goes to the box for tripping
– WHOA I wish I could convey in words what just happened, but Thomas was down after making an initial save. Rebound went back to the Islanders, and what happened was pure Timmy magic.
– …..The spell must have wore off, Grabner scores, game tied 1-1.
– Gillies goes to the box for high sticking…may have been a bad call by the refs, looks like Thornton may have lifted his stick…but we’re not going to say anything.
– Well that was a waste, another power play wasted.
– SCOOOOORE!! Seidenberg fires the puck through a screen past Dipietro! 2-1 Bruins
– Parenteau and Chara both go to the box for offsetting roughing minors
– Soupy scores!! Nothing fancy and it doesn’t need to be! 3-1 Bruins.
– “Its a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a Vezina Trophy Winner!!”- Jack Edwards
– Thornton’s beautiful face is taking a ton of abuse. He gets nailed by yet another high stick. 2 minute power play.
– Well… not 25 seconds into the penalty, Grabner gets a shorthanded goal. Outstanding, 3-2 Bruins
– At least we got to see a goal during a Bruins power play, too bad it was for the other team.
– Damn, Bruins must’ve had turnovers for breakfast!
– Phew, thank god time ran out, looked like Tavares was about to actually do something!
– Nice wrap around attempt by Marchand, but DiPietro was there. Marchand has had a fairly quiet game for him, he hasn’t been his usual pesky self.
– Really an uneventful first five minutes, we can almost hear the boredom in Edward’s voice.
– Siedenburg tries to liven things up with a big hit on Joensuu.
– Gillies responds with a huge hit on Ryder.
– Oh goodie, a power play. Campanale flips the puck clear over the glass.
– Just one shot on net at the time that the penalty expires.
– Bruins starting to get some pressure finally getting a few good chances, but can’t finish.
– Tavares….why would you think that messing with Boychuk is a good idea?? He’ll destroy you!!
– Unfortunately only Boychuk goes to the box and Bruins are on the penalty kill.
– Penalty is handily killed, at least one special team is doing well tonight.
– Gotta say, pretty quiet game overall by the Islanders stars like Moulson and Tavares.
– Speaking of Moulson, with a name like that, you’d think he’d be doing endorsments.
– Bruins are doing a good job keeping Dipietro in the net in the final minutes of the game.
– Finally he is pulled with 40 seconds left.
– Wishart almost tied it, but Thomas managed to see it through traffic.
– It’s wierd saying so many good things about Paille, but he just ended the game with a great shot block. He’s really been playing well the past few games…and we feel dirty saying it.
Final home game of the regular season is a *sigh* matinee game on Saturday against the Senators.