Holy shit. It’s finally here.
Boston Bruins hockey is back.
Last year around this time the Bs started down the long road to Redemption. Tonight the Bs start down the long road to Repeat.
There’s going to be lots of talk about having a Stanley Cup Hangover and talk of it will even get worse when the Bruins go through an inevitable losing streak.
Bruins take on the Senators for their first preseason game of the year. Senators looked like an OHL-level team against the Maple Leafs earlier this week (maybe ’cause they were playing OHL-level players). We’ll see what they throw out at Boston tonight.
Things to look for this preseason:
– Who takes over Mark Recchi’s spot? Some people reading this blog probably don’t remember an NHL without Recchi. This’ll be their first taste at what it’s like. Who takes over Rex’s spot on the Bergy-Marchand line and who gets his ‘A’ will be something to look out for
– Thomas vs. Rask. It was an issue last preseason and will be again. It’ll be an annual thing until Thomas retires.
– Benoit Pouliot. We want to like Benoit, so we can do as many Chris Benoit photoshops as possible. Question is: will he show Montreal they made a mistake in letting him go or will he end up like Ryder — lots of potential but little to show for it. Also, will he and Jack Edwards kiss and make up?
After the jump… game day roster, links and video…
This is the latest ESPN the Magazine edition. We typically aren’t fans of Bill Simmons but we have to imagine we’d agree with whatever he’s saying in his column this time. Also, it’s eight titles in 10 years. We can’t forget about the Boston Cannons. This is why ESPN has no credibility anymore.
Projected Roster (from CSNNE): Forwards: Jamie Arniel, Patrice Bergeron, Jordan Caron, Chris Clark, Chris Kelly, Jared Knight, Lane MacDermid, Benoit Pouliot, Max Sauve, Tyler Seguin, Ryan Spooner, Jamie Tardif, Shawn Thornton
Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Colby Cohen, Andrew Ference, Dougie Hamilton, Steven Kampfer, Adam McQuaid, David Warsofsky.
Goaltenders: Anton Khudobin, Tuukka Rask.
Game Day Links:
- Fluto is pretty impressed with Dougie Hamilton
- Bruins ready for new head shot rules
- NY Rangers are fighting for spots on the roster (like literally fighting)
- Prom or hockey? We’d choose hockey every time, too.
- Hockey > Baseball. Facts, son. Facts.
- Expect plenty of Horton smiles this season
- Khokhlachev stars in Black v. White scrimmage
Game Day Video:
Time to Go!