Holy shit, what a game. I thought that the Bruins/Pens in October couldn't be topped and yet here we are. These two teams once again battled hard and this time it was the Bruins who left the arena with two points. It took a miracle goal from Sidney Crosby to get the game into overtime and 34 seconds in, Torey Krug did what Torey Krug does best and put home the game winning goal.
How can't you love this guy?
Last night was everything you want in an NHL game. That's probably the best way I can describe it.
For much of the season, we have been asking where the Bruins offense has been. Well, last night may have answered some questions. The Bruins put forth an all around effort which amounted to four goals against a Penguins team that has allowed 2.32 goals per game. Two of those goals were fucking beautiful too.
Loui Eriksson should buy Brooks Orpik a steak or something. Orpik's turnover led to this amazing goal from Eriksson. If you haven't peed on your stick yet, you may want to because you could be with child.
GOB Bluthe was so impressed he wanted to know how that trick was done.
Err, right, illusion. Sorry bud.
- Reilly Smith is proving that he was more than a mere throw away in the Mrs. Marchand to Dallas trade. Smith scored again last night, this time on the power play from a delicious feed from Carl Söderberg. With Smith and Söderberg quickly becoming acclimated with one another and Carl looking like he finally gets the North American game, the Bruins are becoming deeper, if that's even possible.
Watch this pass from Yeti, it was disgusting.
- Zdeno Chara scored his first non-power play goal of the season last night. That's right, his fifth goal of the year was his first in even strength. With that, Chara still needed help from Crosby, who inadvertantly tipped the puck up past Fleury. Hey, I'll take it.
After that goal, I thought Jack Edwards was going to bust a nut. Poor Brick, my sweet Brick.
- And obviously we're going to talk about Torey Krug, who is making a major case to be on the Olympic roster. It was revealed yesterday that he is on Team USA's radar and then fires home the game winner with USA's coach looking on.
- The Bruins were very disciplined last night as Pittsburgh only had one power play that Boston killed off. If you're going to beat a skilled team like Pittsburgh, you can't allow them to go on the power play. We are talking about a top five power play in the NHl at 22% success.
Guy was very close to having a hat trick as he pinged one off of the pipe that had a vapor trail behind it. It was a rocket.
Brooks Orpik must have something against Danny Paille. I believe this hit was 3 or 4 years ago:
And then last night:
- Lastly was Crosby's goal. I couldn't believe it when that happened. It's just one of those freak things, but Crosby was able to get behind the defense and sit at the goal mouh. Shit like this will happen from time to time, but Boston has been known for kind of falling apart in the waning seconds of the third period.
which caused Claude to do this
And Cam and Peter did this
But Krug made it okay and in the end, the Bruins walked away with two valuable points.
- Which 1980's WWF wrestler does Torey Krug most resemble?
- Are you pregnant and don't know which Bruins goal is the father and would you like for that goal to take a paternity test on Maury?
- Why do the Bruins do the lame tweet thing during games on the video board?
- Can I still call it the Titan Tron?
- If every Bruins blog had a Royal Rumble, which blog would win and how?