Tuukka Rask is doing something special in these NHL playoffs. Here we have an action shot from Rask's shutout performance last night:
He's on a Tim Thomas-esque playoff run right now and I never thought I would say those words again. Don't get me wrong, I've been a pretty big Rask fan since about 2010 and I've always thought he would be better than Thomas, but what Timmy did in 2011 was just unreal…and Tuukka is probably going to surpass the lore that is Tim Thomas.
I think if the Bruins go on to win the Stanley Cup, last night could be looked at as the straw that broke the camel's back. Chicago looks like a defeated team. Bruce Arthur said it best on Twitter:
Tuukka Rask may have climbed inside some Blackhawk heads and started redecorating.
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) June 18, 2013
But this isn't over. Not by a long shot. Boston still has to win 2 more games to be named the Stanley Cup Champions, but let's enjoy last night's win shall we?
– Tuuka Rask is a fucking animal. The amazing thing is that he doesn't need to go out and be like Tim Thomas – flopping around in the crease – he just needs to be positional sound, which is what he does. If the Bruins go on to win the Stanley Cup, here is your Conn Smyth winner. I don't even know what to say anymore regarding Rask because everything's been said.
But he did do this on live TV last night:
Hilarious. I had to go back a few times and listen to make sure he actually said "Ice is shitty…" but there it is. Thanks to Brian for putting this up so quickly last night.
– Dan Paille had a monster game in Game 3. Thew new third line of Paille-Kelly-Seguin has been unreal since Game 2's overtime and it continued last night.
It just wasn't the goal either. Paille took a penalty in the second period, I believe, because he was driving hard to the net and blew by a Chicago defenseman who had to drag him down. Paille was drafted 20th overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres and he's playing like a 1st round pick now. It's great to see this guy's maturation since he's been in Boston.
Think of the big goals he's scored for Boston since he's come here – the season he had this year and all of it for a third round pick and conditional fourth round pick.
Amazing, isn't it?
– Bergeron once again with a saintly performance.
Wait, I'll get to that in a moment.
But yeah, Bergeron was fantastic last night. Goal aside, he was 24-28 on faceoffs last night. That's an obscene amount of success in the circle for that many attempts. And the greatest thing about it? He abused Toews – winning 8 of 10 draws against him.
There is, literally, nothing this man can't do.
– If Jagr can continually set up his teammates like he did on that Bergeron PPG, I won't complain about him not scoring a goal.
WARNING: THIS PASS MAY CAUSE PREGNANCY. PLEASE WATCH AT OWN DISCRETION.
And that wasn't the only one of it's kind either. He also had one to Seguin, who couldn't get it on his stick and had the net wide open. There's a lot you can complain about with Jagr, but he's contributing. Like I said, if he's making these kinds of plays – he can put a goose egg up in the goal department.
THANKS IGINLA AND RAY SHERO
– The penalty kill was disgusting last night and has been since the beginning of the Pittsburgh series. Chicago is now 0/9 on the power play and it reeks of the 2011 Boston Bruins power play. Like stinks of it.
– This picture:
I may have just peed a little in fear.
– The zebras were straight up garbage last night. There were so many missed penalties last night against Boston. Oh wait, I can't bring that up because they won right? No, I can – fuck you. It's an epidemic going through the NHL, but when Shawn Thornton is given a 2 minute minor because he grabbed a guy from behind in a scrum and then Johnny Oduya basically molests Nathan Horton and there's no whistle – something's gotta give.
Fucking clowns. All of them.
– Kaspars is in the "Daug House". What a horrible game from him last night. Time to put the Daug down.
– Did Brent Seabrook stock up on diapers after the game since Chara probably scared the shit out of him?
– How tough is Andrew Shaw trying to fight Brad Marchand?
– Does Jagr know that our collective bodies are ready?
– How awesome is it that Toronto, Montreal, Chicago and Vancouver are having fits of vomiting everytime the Bruins win?
– Where's Patrick Kane and does he know the Finals have started yet?