Before the game Patrice Bergern said the team needed to play with desperation, so one would expect the team to come out flying like goddamn rockeys and peppering Lehner with shots, right? Nope. Team came out with sleeping bags, popcorn and a chickflick and packed it in for the first two periods. Awful.
Luckily for Boston Khudobin was dressed for the occasion and kept the team in the game until Danny Paille tied the game up. And then, of course, Seids slapped his first goal of the year home for the game winner. We're happy Boston found a way to win and get two points but damn was it a shitty performance again. It really feels like we've only seen Boston play at it's best twice this year. Not sure if this is a good thing that they're record is so impressive with lackluster performances or bad thing 'cause they just can't find a way to string several A+ games in a row. We'll find out come playoff time.
Raptor Jesus Rich Peverley was a healthy scratch last night. Nice to see Claude Julien finally put the boot to ass on some of these guys but when does Horton and Lucic get a healthy scratch? They've been just as awful as Peverley this season.
David Krejci also came back into the line-up last night to the relief of Bruins fans. He looked fantastic for a man on one leg. Horton and Looch, once again, disappeared.
Despite that Boston steals two points from the Sens.
More after the jump…
- David Krejci Rises
- Peverley sits; Spooner starts on third line. Good move. Gotta send a message to the guys not playing well somehow.
- Looch trying to put the net back on its pegs is his biggest contribution to the Bruins offense in a while.
- Paille is one of Boston's top scorers this month. Yikes. Nice work by Paille. Slows it down, fakes a pass and fires it home to tie it.
Lehner should've stopped that but we'll take it.
- Krejci's effort on one leg
DK46 on one leg > ML17 on two legs
— Victoria Welch (@vickievictoria) March 22, 2013
He picked up the team on his pegleg in that third period.
- Khudobin. Solid as he has been all season.
- Dennis Seidenberg with a bomb. Huge goal.
First goal in 30 games. Damn.
- People who think Tuukka Rask isn't a top NHL goaltender.
- The first period being a snorefest.. ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
- Senators were able to walk through the Bruins blueline way too easily in the first. Like a stroll through the park.
- First period was 70%-30% Ottawa. Second period was like 60-40, Sens.
- Spooner-Pandolfo-Caron was pretty horendous out there… aka, what we've come to expect from the third line this season
- Daugavins with a fucking snipe.
No surprise Sens score first. They control most of the tempo. Those dog jokes in the 2nd intermission were just awful.
- Usher is Ottawa's goal song. Feel shame, Senators fans.
- Three Senators going after Krejci late after a whistle, including Chris Neil.
- Will we ever see the Bruins A-game?
- Who's going to PAXEast with Justin this weekend?
- Who else misses Michael Ryder?
- Remember when this guy was the "problem" with the Third Line?